A Sister Concern of WEL.
Under it’s business diversification scheme, Western Engineering (Pvt.) Ltd. has set up a new project of Jute Felt and Non-Woven Geo-textile items for the Global and local market. The name of the project is Western Superior Jute Industries Ltd. (WSJIL). The machineries have been designed with most modern technologies suitable to cater the need of the clients at home and abroad. WSJIL is one of the fastest growing non-woven Geo-textile and Jute Felt manufacturers in Bangladesh. It’s aim is to produce Geo-textile and Jute Felt products of highest standard to cater the need of local and international market.
For Geo-textile products, WSJIL is specialized to offer services such as: Soft soil stabilization, embankment construction, vertical walls with geosynthetics, supply and installation of PVD, riverbank and coastal erosion protection, slope protection.
WSJIL is also the pioneer of Jute Felt manufacturing in Bangladesh. The end use of Jute Felt is for car interlining sector throughout the world. Besides usage in automotive sector, Jute Felt is 100% biodegradable and degrades without leaving harmful traces to the nature. The product insulates the soil against extreme temperatures and hence helps in the survival of plants. The Jute Felt absorbs moisture, up to 5 times its own weight and hence provides water to plants during dry periods.
Location of the project:
Western Superior Jute Industries (WSJIL) Ltd is located at Shalna, Gazipur which is about 35km from Dhaka.
Type of products :
- Non woven Geo-textile Fabric and Bags
- Non woven Jute goods
Jute Felt Non-woven Geo-textile
End use of the finished products:
- Our Geotextile fabrics are designed to meet today’s advanced geotechnical engineering requirements for Stabilization, Separation, Filtration, Reinforcement and Erosion Control.
- Jute Felt : The car industry around the world have started to use natural fibers instead of synthetics. Jute Felt is mainly used for car interlining purpose, especially for lightening or reinforcement of certain interior trim parts, for the passenger compartment or trunk, the engine compartment etc. Japan, France, Germany, Netherlands, Turkey are the major importers of Jute Felt. This item is also used in tree plantation and construction purpose.
Impact on the Environment:
WSJIL do not use any Washing or Dyeing plant while producing the goods. Therefore, the surrounding environment will never be polluted. Also the whole project area is covered with natural green plants and grass.
Main Raw materials :
- Virgin Poly-propylene Fibre (PP Fibre)
- Virgin Raw Jute
Sources of Raw material :
- Poly-propylene Fibre (PP Fibre) is being imported from other countries like China, Vietnam, Korea, Belgium and Saudi Arabia.
- Raw jute is being procured from local market in Bangladesh.
- Weight: As per customer requirements
- Width: Max 4m
- Color: As per customer requirements
- Composition: Polypropylene / Polyester / Virgin Jute
- Technology: Non-woven Needle punched
Production Capacity :
- Geo-Textile :At present WSJIL can produce about 208MT per month , i,e about 2500MT per year (Aprox). The capacity is expected increase upto 6000MT per year within Dec’2020.
- Jute Felt :Currently, 78MT per month which is expected to increase upto250MT per month, i,e about 3000MT per year (Aprox).